Saturday, December 17, 2016

You take the good, you take the bad,

 

You take them both and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life ...

Well, in matters not in any way relating to a teenage boarding school, I have had to take the good and take the bad. 

Last night, I went out for a ride. It didn't end well. 

 

Seems I broke a rib. 

My friend Tom summarized the story for me, and he did a better job that I will, so, here it is:

 

In any event, the worst part of the wreck was the three miles back to the car.  In the dark.  At 20 degrees.  I was moaning and cursing so much that, if anybody was listening, it probably sounded like Sasquatch sex. 

The ER doctor said "riding mountain bikes in the dark in the snow? That's crazy." 

But, as I told Christy, doctors don't know shit about mountain bikes.  Unless they ride mountain bikes. But this doctor didn't ride mountain bikes.  So he didn't know shit.  Except about doctoring. Pshhhht.

Anyhow, it could be worse. At least the weather forecast looks like this:

 

So I probably won't be hitting any trails soon anyway. Which is kinda why I was out there last night in the first place. 

But let's move on from pain to something pleasant. 

See, I wrote a piece about my trip to the IMBA Summit and the accompanying road trip. It's up on Dirt Rag's page. I discuss the finer points of th (mini) Van Life. You can find it here.

Check it out. You can find out whether Chuck is thinking about murder. 

 

In any event, it beats a broken rib. 

Be brave, and take your pain meds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment